About 1001 Dishes Project

Inspired by ‘One Thousand and One Nights’, I ambitiously started my ‘1001 Dishes Project’ with a sweet purpose, to continuously surprise my husband with recipes I have never cooked before. My motive is simple: he will keep falling in love with me over and over with each dish - just like in the story. Now... you should all also know that in my entire life I have NEVER cooked and didn’t need to - because living in Thailand good food is everywhere. Much more than that I thought I hated cooking. However my then husband-to-be had a single wish for me to learn how to cook just a couple of simple Thai curry dishes, so I asked my dear friend to teach me and learned how to cut vegetables for the first time in February 2016. Luckily she's patient enough to teach me 17 dishes before I moved to Sydney, Australia in June the same year. The story after that?... I fell in love. Every dish I cook, I cook for the first time unless stated otherwise. Up until now it has been such hard and challenging work yet great fun and very rewarding (sounds like being in a relationship!). There are occasional failures of course, but practice makes perfect so I dare to say I always manage to redeem myself later, the bright side of being stubborn. From zero to ‘One thousand and one’ is a true grand journey. I’m not even sure if I could ever reach my destination. But a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, so does One Thousand and One Dishes I guess! Join me and let’s explore my culinary journey together.


In this photo is my Raspberry Panna Cotta with caramel candy. With  

Comments

Popular Posts